Tuesday, June 14, 2016

 
This is more my thoughts and observations of conversations with people on the internet or the lack there of....

How each of us reacts or responds to a comment or conversation shows where we are in our walk in life. Whether believer or non believer it really doesn't matter.
I have tried several times to have a serious conversation with a few people about oils and there use in our everyday life. What is the difference between using the oils, like lets say , joy, for this example, instead of relying on the Holy Spirit and pressing into Him for our joy. The Word says , the joy  of the Lord is my strength. When you use the oil of joy, do you still get the strength of the Lord released into your life, or just a brief moment of joy when using the oil? Does the oil give you the same benefits as Holy Spirit ? Or is it just a short cut, to a moment of joy, instead of pressing into a relationship with the Lord for real joy that overflows into the lives of others and is lasting and gives you strength? For some reason, I can't get an answer from a few of the web-sites or blogs I have asked questions from. I am in no way being facetious, I truly want to know. So my observation from their last of response shows me a lack of maturity and a true response to the question. If you can't answer that simple of a question I wonder if the answer isn't there and they don't know. According to the Word of God, we are to have a relationship with the Holy Spirit and when we do, as we mature in Christ we obtain fruit from that relationship. Which is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness and self control. You can not obtain these from an oil for it to be lasting and imbedded into your life. You can not get love from an oil and love all people to your core just by putting oil on your head from a bottle that says love on it. So my next thought is, what spirit is really on that oil? Has the Holy Spirit anointed that oil with love? According to what Gods says true love or joy or peace comes into my being from abiding in Him. So, would someone please give me an answer, where do these oils fit in, when all I have to do is abide in Him. It also says this in John 15, if you abide in Me (Jesus) and I abide in you, you bear much fruit (fruit of the Spirit, love , joy, etc and more) if you don't you are cut off and cast into  the fire. Do you get abiding by using an oil? in place of pursuing the Lord. Do you get the fullness  of what He has by a drop of the oil of peace you put on your wrist before walking out the door. Where do you draw the line of reliance on a bottle instead of His presence in your life.?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment